The build of the Boeing chrono was really straight forward. And because you need two identical items the MIP panel fills up even faster. The design process took a bit longer because I changed the motor from a X27 to a 28byj-48 and also the zero position switch was changed from an optival sensor to a micro switch.
But at the end I came up with a really solid piece that fits perfectly into the modular system of my homecockpit. And it looks so beautiful!
Used materials for one piece:
- 3 mm transparent and white acrylic
- 1 big ON - OFF switch (only needed for the captain side)
- 2 30 mm hex stand offs
- LED stripes for backlighting
- 3 mm HDF board for backlighting
- 1 28byj-48 stepper motor with ULN2003 driver
- 1 ultra mini micro switch
- 2 mm brass rod
- 2 TM1627 4 digit 7 segment displays
In the download file you will find all the needed files to cut out and engrave your own panel as well as the 3D files to print.