The ADF panel was again a challenging project. Not only that I had to design small additional labels beside the 7-segment displays and solder my first SMD components, I also had to dive in deep into making MobiFlight configurations. I'm still happy with my decision to use MobiFlight as my connection tool. Even if there are limitations in some areas, there is always a possibility to reach your goal. In this case imitating a three position switch with a two position switch and some configurations.
In the video you can see me correcting some design errors of the pcb by installing some additional wires. The file in the download package is already a modified version and will work out of the box. You will also be able to order the new pcb from me in the future. Just write to me if you are interested.
- 3mm transparent and white acrylic
- 1 dual rotary encoder (see the corresponding video)
- 1 black push button
- 2 small ON-OFF switches (try to get some with caps)
- 4 15 mm hex stand offs
- LED stripes for backlighting mounted on a HDF plate
- 3mm HDF plate
For the pcb:
- 1 pcb (see attached gerber files)
- 10 7-segment displays common cathode (7,5 x 14 mm)
- 2 MAX7219 ICs
- 2 10k ohm resistors
- 2 0,1 µF capacitors
- 1 510 ohm resistor for the 12V backlighted button
- 2 220 ohm resistors for the SMD LEDs
- 1 6 mm tactile button
- 4 red 1206 SMD LEDs
In the download file you will find all the needed files to cut out and engrave your own panel as well as the gerber files to create or order your own pcb as well as the 3D files for the button, the light channels and the spacers.