The COM panel was an already good known build process after the finishing of the NAV and ADF panel. When it came to the configuration this time it was possible to write into the "official" offset of the standby frequency directly so there was no need of additional offsets for this.
If you are interested in a detailed documentation of the configuration you can watch the corresponding live-stream where I show all the steps that are needed to get this panel running.
- 3mm transparent and white acrylic
- 3mm smoked acrylic (for example Plexiglas 7C83)
- 1 dual rotary encoder (see the corresponding video)
- 1 black push button
- 4 15 mm hex stand offs
- LED stripes for backlighting mounted on a HDF plate
- 3mm HDF plate
For the pcb:
- 1 pcb (see attached gerber files)
- 12 7-segment displays common cathode (7,5 x 14 mm)
- 2 MAX7219 ICs
- 2 10k ohm resistors
- 2 0,1 µF capacitors
- 1 510 ohm resistor for the 12V backlighted button
- 1 6 mm tactile button
In the download file you will find all the needed files to cut out and engrave your own panel as well as the gerber files to create or order your own pcb as well as the 3D files for the button and the spacers.