Now I started building the portal and finally I could assemble all the parts. Take your time to ensure that all the components are aligned correctly and orientated to each other. A misalignment could affect the accuracy of the CNC. Use a flat surface for this. I changed the dimensions of the terminal box to fit it to my components.
There have been questions about the used components and if I could give you links to the parts I bought. Instead of writing down the links that will be useless in some years or whenever the items are removed from the shop, I will write down the technical names so you can search for them in any shop you like. All the metal hardware components were bought from aliexpress.
- 2x SBR16 linear guides 1000mm
- 4x SBR16UU linear bearing blocks
- 1x SFU1605 ball screw with single ball nut BK/BF12 end machined 1000mm
- 1x SFU1605 ball screw with single ball nut BK/BF12 end machined 300mm
- 1x SFU1605 ball screw with single ball nut BK/BF12 end machined 500mm
- 3x CNC flexible shaft coupler 6.35 x 10 mm
- 2x BF12 support unit for ball screws
- 3x BK12 support unit for ball screws
- 2x SBR16 linear guides 300mm
- 2x SBR16 linear guides 500mm
The electronic came from Letmathe. I took an Estlcam set with single stepper motor controllers and a MDLCNC Estlcam interface. I took single controllers because when one of the controllers will be damaged in teh future I can replace it seperatly and not a whole PCB unit.