It was a long way to this finished IRS panel. Mostly because I had to think about how to show up all these numbers and characters at the top as well as the making process of the backlighted keypad. I made another try to produce a pcb at home and finally it worked! Not the complicated double sided one from my first test but a single sided one. And there is still some air for some improvements.
The backlighted buttons came out nice too. 3D resin prints on top of a push button with built in LED. Unfortunately not the same color of backlighting like all the other panels but it is a good start.
Again the panel was designed using Fusion 360 which helped me a lot to see if all the components fitted together.
- 3mm transparent and white acrylic
- 3mm smoked acrylic
- 2 12 position rotary switches
- 2 8 position rotary switches
- 2 white annunciators
- 7 orange annunciators
- 1 16 digits single line LCD display https://www.ebay.de/itm/301026786184
- 1 serial adapter https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01MFB4743/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&th=1
- 4 15 mm hex stand offs
- LED stripes for backlighting mounted on a HDF plate
- 3mm HDF plate
- 6x6 mm tactile buttons with white LEDs
The following file contains all the needed files to cut out and engrave your own panel as well as the 3D print file for the push buttons and the Sys Dspl and Dspl Select knob as well as the gerber files to produce your own pcb.