The Transponder Panel was again a big challenge for me. So many components are gathered on a small space. I was really afraid that I wouldn't be able to fit them all behind the panel. But at the end everything found its place and sometimes with only a millimeter distance from each other.
There are some elements in the configuration I couldn't test until now but I hope I will find out how to trigger some failure events of this panel in the future.
- 3 mm transparent and white acrylic
- 3 mm smoked acrylic (for example Plexiglas 7C83)
- 2 dual rotary encoder (see the corresponding video)
- 1 black push button
- 2 small ON-OFF switches (with caps)
- 1 12 position rotary switch
- 1 6x6x8 mm tactile button
- 1 3 mm red LED
- 4 30 mm hex stand offs
- LED stripes for backlighting mounted on a HDF plate
- 3 mm HDF plate
- 2 mm metal shaft
For the pcb:
- 1 pcb (see attached gerber files)
- 5 7-segment displays common cathode (7,5 x 14 mm)
- 1 MAX7219 ICs
- 1 10k ohm resistors
- 1 0,1 µF capacitors
- 3 1206 red smd LEDs
In the download file you will find all the needed files to cut out and engrave your own panel as well as the gerber files to create or order your own pcb as well as the 3D files for the button and the spacers.